There are no quick wins when it comes to running a business and securing sales. However, with regular rhythms and processes, a business can perform effectively and consistently. Over the past few months we have shared 7 Firestarter Hot Tips over on our social media. We use these tips ourselves, here at Firestarter, therefore we know they are essential tactics needed to get your business in the best shape after a challenging year.
Tip 1: Little and often
A tip that sets the scene: The LinkedIn A/B Exercise
- Extract your Linked In contacts into a spreadsheet
- Go down the list and categorise them as A or B (filtering out irrelevant contacts)
- A = good contact, definitely worth getting in touch
- B = haven’t spoken for a while, should make contact
- Pick 5 a day to target and send a simple ‘hello’ email – you’ll be surprised what comes from it
- Understanding “daisy-chaining” and how your contacts can put you in touch with others
Building practical strategies and tactics that are built on ‘Rhythm and Rigour’ to maintain regular activities.
Tip 2: Account planning principles
Stage 1 – Understanding the whitespace
- Cross reference all your existing customers against your full product range and ask yourself if you are fully optimised.
- Use this exercise to identify where you can identify additional opportunities with your existing base.