- Defining coaching and mentoring
- Core characteristics of business coaching
- Core characteristics of business mentoring
- Overlapping features of coaching and mentoring
- A blended approach to coaching and mentoring
Business leaders looking to improve performance at both an individual and operational level, often turn to coaching and mentoring as a means of unlocking their potential.
While these terms are sometimes used interchangeably, they both offer distinct approaches with unique characteristics. In this article, we explore the key differences between coaching and mentoring, as well as analysing their similarities to help determine what is right for you as a business leader.