There are no absolute short cuts for finding quick win sales, low-hanging fruit or fast turnaround opportunities but there are definitely things you can do quickly to stock your pipeline with new opportunity that is likely to crystallise quickly.
Having observed thousands of salespeople (not all good) there are definitely some common qualities and, more importantly, habits that mean that those who consistently perform are always seemingly pulling rabbits out of the hats.
5 tips to improve your sales performance
Better Business Development is both an art and a science and to succeed the following 5 things are likely to really help:
- Constantly be thinking “how can I solve my buyer’s pain?” (and understand that pains change so you can help in different ways at different times).
- Really manage your “key accounts”; don’t just react to them, but study them, build plans, and execute tactics to make the plans come to fruition.
- Finesse your selling process, your style, the way you run meetings so you have more control of the outcomes.
- Build total discipline into your pipeline management – you will be very much in the minority if you do this this, which sets you apart.
- Just do it! Fortune favours the brave! And you’ll never do any business talking to yourself!
Some practical tools to help you quickly grip your business development mission
Having observed thousands of salespeople we put together our Better Business Development training programme as a speedy way to share information and give people practical advice and tools they could use.
We run 5 modules (90 mins) over 5 weeks and you get 2 x 1 hour 1:1s. Or if you want to get on in a hurry you can do our 5 Day December Boot Camp just before Christmas. We run groups of 6 to 8 so the session is interactive and informal.
For a limited time we have 2 great offers:
- Special Price – £495 + VAT (usually £975 +VAT) for January Courses
- Special Price – £495 + VAT (usually £975 +VAT) for December Boot Camp Courses
What’s more, you can also spread payments for both offers over three months for £168 + VAT per month
These offers currently run for our January courses (and our December 5 Day Boot Camp).
You will need to pre-register to ensure you secure these discounted prices.
To see the course modules and pre-register for your discount, click below: